Frequently Asked Questions
Which weighted blanket is right for me?
you weigh less than 160 lb
you weigh more than 160 lb
you are sharing with a partner
How much is shipping?
If you're in Canada, expedited shipping is FREE!
If you're outside of Canada, a shipping rate will be calculated at checkout and you will have an opportunity to verify it before completing your purchase.
What size is the weighted blanket?
King Size: 90" x 90" (229cm x 229cm)
Queen Size: 60" x 80" (152cm x 203cm)
Twin Size: 48" x 78" (122cm x 198cm)
How do I wash my weighted blanket?
The Gravid weighted blanket (and outer removable covers) can be washed in your machine on a cool, gentle cycle with a small amount of liquid detergent.
Tumble dry on a cool setting until slightly damp, and hang to complete the drying process.
When can I expect my weighted blanket?
Once your order is placed, we ship it out from our Mississauga, Ontario warehouse within 1 business day. We ship by Canada Post, UPS and Purolator.
You will receive an email with your tracking number once processed, usually within 24 hours of placing your order.
Canada Post/UPS/Purolator transit times:
ON, QC: 1 - 2 days
MB, SK, AB: 3 - 4 days
West Coast & Maritimes: 3 - 5 days
What makes Gravid different from other weighted blanket companies?
Simple answer: premium materials and innovative design.
Gravid weighted blankets are made using 100% Tencel Lyocell; an eco-friendly, renewable, high-tenacity fibre which gives it high strength properties. It is softer than cotton, has a luxurious sheen and is extremely breathable. It is also naturally anti-bacterial and gentle on the skin.
For weight, Gravid weighted blankets use non-toxic, micro-rounded glass beads that have a diameter of 1mm. This is the optimal size of bead to keep the weight evenly distributed across the surface of your body. Glass beads are the best material for people with any type of auditory, sensory or physical sensitivities. They are quiet, making them ideal in a bedroom setting.
We invented ZipperTech: A zipper mechanism that goes around the full perimeter of your blanket to keep your Gravid weighted blanket perfectly attached to its cover. No sagging, no bunching.
Gravid weighted blankets also feature a double-stitched grid design along with 7-layer construction to ensure the weight stays evenly distributed for a lifetime. No leaking beads, no shifting weight...ever.
What is the return policy?
Once you receive your blanket, you have 14 Nights to try it out.
The Gravid weighted blanket uses deep touch pressure stimulation to help you relax and drift to sleep. However, it can take some time for your body to completely adjust to your new weighted blanket.
We recommend that you ease into it by using it a few hours at a time (while watching TV, reading a book, etc...) before using it for a full nights rest.
We highly recommend you sleep with it for at least a week to give your body a chance to adjust. If for any reason you are not satisfied with the item, ship it back to us and we'll refund you 100% of your purchase price.
Read the full refund policy here.
What other therapeutic products do you recommend?
Rest and recovery are at the heart of what we do. Naturally, our team has their eyes peeled for innovative products that will help you get the rest and relaxation your body deserves. Our focus is on sleep, but there are other Canadian companies that can help you achieve optimal health. Here a few of our staff favourites:
1. Have you heard of percussion massage therapy? How about a massage gun? A percussion massage therapy tool is a new instrument used in the fitness industry. It is honestly a game changer. The drill like machine uses fast, soft blows over a short time to shock muscle fibres. These rapid taps help muscles release tension and bring blood flow to the area. The Pros love this Canadian massage gun. This tool is used in sports performance therapy to release tight muscles and build strength. Bang Massage Gun Canada is a really cool company based in Toronto ON. Their massage gun can help you relax so you can sleep better at night!
And for our friends across the pond, you can checkout Bang Massage Gun UK.
There's also an options for Australians, Bang Massage Gun Australia.
2. Simplesleep weighted blanket. Yes, that's right. We're promoting another weighted blanket company. We like to show love to those who deserve it, and Simplesleep.ca is definitely worthy. Their weighted blankets are high quality and a great value. Although they use traditional ties (as opposed to ZipperTech) and use cotton (instead of Tencel), they still make an incredible entry-level weighted blanket which is great for Canadians who want to incorporate a weighted blanket into their sleep regimen, without spending too much money.
Again, for our friends in England, you can checkout Simplesleep UK.
There's also an options for Australians, Simplesleep Australia.
Do you have a store I can visit?
More questions from around the internet...
What does a weighted blanket do for you?
Weighted blankets mimic the feeling of a hug, and have been shown to impact three important hormones:
- Increase serotonin for elevated mood
- Increase melatonin for improved sleep quality
- Decrease cortisol for reduced stress
Should you use a weighted blanket every night?
For most individuals, a Gravid Weighted Blanket can be used every night. The benefits of improved sleep and a feeling of calm can be experienced nightly without any negative effects.
There are individuals who may not be well-suited for a weighted blanket. Learn more by reading Important Safety Information.
Is it okay to sleep with a weighted blanket?
Gravid Weighted Blankets are designed to be used through the night. The TENCEL™ Lyocell fabrics used are made for maximum breathability so you can experience all the weight, while remaining cool and comfortable.
Is weighted blanket worth it?
This is a question that comes down to your personal priorities. For individuals who are looking for a non-medicinal method to improve sleep quality and duration, Gravid Weighted Blankets have been proven to be effective.
Gravid uses unique TENCEL™ fabrics for optimal breathability, and is the only blanket in Canada with ZipperTech™ for unmatched weight distribution, and guaranteed to never sag or bunch.